Healthcare has become a necessity for humans. In the 21st century, technology has evolved far enough to seep into every aspect of human life...
The COVID-19 pandemic would have a lasting effect not only on the economy but also on how we process our daily lives.
Here are some of the effects of COVID-19 which have affected our lives, and would decide the upcoming Post-COVID-19 world:
- Forced many businesses to reduce or suspend in-house operations
- Have reduced innovations that required human-to-human contact
- COVID-19 has proliferated the digitization process
Here are the five emerging mobile trends that would rule the world after the COVID-19 storm subsides!
Trend #1- 5G Connectivity
The 5G network is acknowledged as the future of communication and is the cutting-edge technology for the entire industry.
- 5G is not a modified version of 4G, instead, it is an entirely new network infrastructure.
- 5G deployment would occur between 2020 and 2030 and would make possible zero-distance connectivity among people and machines.
- Telecom partners have been hesitant to build out capacity for 5G technology due to the unreliable consumer demand, which has increased after the COVID-19 pandemic.
Trend #2- Cloud Computing
Cloud Computing isn’t unheard of, and cloud-based mobile applications have proven to be beneficial throughout this technology.
- As people were forced to work from home and online models for learning were implemented, the demand for cloud-based video conferencing has skyrocketed.
- Various cloud service vendors have vigorously upgraded their functions and provided resources to meet this demand including the likes of Zoom and Microsoft Teams.
- As demand for such technologies continues to grow, the implementation of technology into mobile applications is the key.
Trend #3- Artificial Intelligence
Post-COVID-19 pandemic, consumer behavior would change and won’t go back to the pre-pandemic norms.
- As economies start to slowly reopen, the application of Artificial Intelligence would be helpful for businesses to adapt to the new environments.
- AI would be useful for those within retail and supply chain industries and would help them detect new patterns for purchases.
- These capabilities will be extremely valuable as companies confront and adapt to the next normal after this pandemic subsidies.
Trend #4- Virtual Reality/Augmented Reality (VR/AR)
Not only has this pandemic increased the number of people using VR headsets to play video games, but also businesses have been experimenting with the VR platforms to train employees, hold conferences, and connect with employees virtually.
- According to e-Marketer, VR headset maker, HTC held its first virtual “VIVE Ecosystem Conference” completely in VR.
- Now as businesses and consumers know the extent to which this technology can be used, we are likely to see more virtual conferences and human interactions in the future.
Trend #5- Internet of Things
Internet of things has been ruling the tech industry for a long time, but as the pandemic approached, this technology gave us the helping hand in predicting and treating the health issues in the people.
- In 2019, there were about 26 billion IoT devices and it’s estimated by statista.com that their number will increase to 30.73 billion in 2020 and 75.44 billion in 2025.
- The market value of the IoT industry is $150 billion with an estimated 15 IoT devices for a person by the year 2030.
So, these were a few technologies that are going to get hot in trend after the Covid-19 pandemic is over. As we’ve learned, businesses that can shift technology capacity and investments to mobile platforms will mitigate the business risks associated with the COVID-19 pandemic and keep their companies running smoothly now, and over the long term.
Looking for ways to exploit these technologies to grow revenue for your enterprise? Easily maintain digital lines of business with Debut Infotech. We are industry pioneers in mobile, web, and Blockchain development, having delivered more than a dozen successful Blockchain solutions. Visit us to know more.